Spätzle (spätzle) are small dumplings made of flour and eggs. I really like to go to the Alps in the summer, most often to Austria, where I discovered this dish while hiking in the mountains. In alpine shelters, spätzle is often served on a small pan baked with cheese, and the dish is called "käse spätzle" on the menu.
The "Käse spätzle" I propose to you are a bit different than the traditional alpine ones. My spätzle is spinach and I serve it with cheese, onion and bacon. So far, I fried the noodles first, and then put them into a heat-resistant dish and baked them in the oven. This time it will be different, much easier, because I have been testing the WOOL Cookware titanium-diamond pan for a month. You can fry without fat in this pan, and it also has a detachable handle. Thanks to these basic advantages, I was able to prepare the dish from start to finish in one pot.
A special device is used to prepare spetzli. It is a kind of grater with holes, with a container into which we pour the dough. Whole we put it on a pot of boiling water and move this container over the grater, yes so that ready dumplings fall into the pot through the holes. We can buy such a device in stores websites or when traveling to Germany or Austria.
100 g of fresh spinach
130 ml of water
350 g flour
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 large onion
100 g smoked bacon, thin slices
150 - 200 g grated cheese (Edamer, Emmental or Gouda)
Mix the spinach together with the eggs into a uniform green mass.
Mix the remaining ingredients for the dough, preferably with a mixer together with the spinach mass. The batter should be a bit thicker than pancake batter. Leave the finished dough for about 30 minutes.
Pour water into a large pot, add a teaspoon of salt, and bring to a boil. Place the cooking device on the pot szpeli, pour the dough into it. We move a movable container with dough, so that it "squeezes" through the holes noodles into boiling water. Remove the cooked dumplings when they float to the top with a slotted spoon into a colander and pour cold water.
FRIED SPECLES BAKED IN THE OVEN
Peel the onion and cut it into rings. Put slices of bacon on a hot dry frying pan and fry them on both sides over low heat. This is the moment when frying pan no fat stole my heart. The bacon was beautifully browned, crunchy, the fat rendered out of it, which I then used to fry the onion, and then the spatzle.
Remove the browned and crispy bacon and fry the onion rings in the remaining fat and put the fried ones aside together with the bacon. At the end, add the drained spätzle to the pan and fry, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
Heat the oven to 200°C. Sprinkle the grated cheese on the szpekla.
Place the pan into the preheated oven. Right now, pan with detachable handle strong>, which we unfasten and bake the dish for about 20 minutes. At the end, cover the whole with crispy bacon and fried onion and bake for about 2-3 minutes. We open the oven, attach the handle to the pan, remove and serve the dish hot, straight from the pan.
What made me like the WOOL Diamond pan?
I will describe its advantages in points:
- For testing, I chose the deep WOLL Diamond frying pan with a diameter of 28 cm and a height of 7 cm.
- The pan has a detachable handle. Thanks the click-by-clik system, the handle can be detached for the duration of baking, and then Use a cool handle to remove the hot pan from the oven. This solution allows also save us space in cabinets, in the fridge or dishwasher.
- Glass lid made of tempered i polished, heat-resistant glass is another advantage of the pan, because we can use it in the oven, even at temperatures up to 250°C.
- Frying pan WOOL Diamond is covered with a highly resistant titanium-diamond coating, which ensures its non-stickiness, easy washing, durability and long life. Thanks to the NON-STIC coating, we can fry fat-free or with a small amount of fat, which is more healthy.
- The pan can be washed in the dishwasher, unfortunately this advantage is not I tested it because I'm not used to washing any pans this way. Tim more so that nothing sticks to the pan, and the dishes almost slide off on their own plate. All you need is warm water and a few drops of washing-up liquid.
- The pan heats up evenly and well distributes heat, the thick bottom makes it keep the temperature for a long time.
- The manufacturer gives a 25-year warranty on the bottom and 2 years on the shell.
For more detailed and technical information, please refer to product page - WOLL Diamond pan
Does this WOLL Diamont pan have any defects? So far I've found one, it's a bit heavy, weighs 2.1 kg. Lifting the hot pan with one hand to slide the dish onto the plate was a bit of a challenge for me, but I managed! I will find out about any other disadvantages or additional advantages after longer use, and I promise not to save the pan.
Where can you find WOLL Diamond frying pans?
In the online store Shop with frying pans
WOLL Diamond frying pan I sincerely recommend you!
Your email address will not be published.