Salad with quinoa, asparagus and peas. Delicious and crispy sweet potato chips
Let's eat asparagus while the season is on. They are very tasty when cooked briefly and blanched, then they are firm and crunchy.
Asparagus in combination with quinoa, crispy peas and feta cheese make a delicious, healthy dish, both for breakfast and lunch. The addition of intensely orange, sweet and crunchy sweet potato chips will add character to the salad, both visual and taste.
- 1 - 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- dried chili
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 100 g green peas - frozen or fresh
- 100 g diced feta cheese
- 1 shallot, cut into feathers
- 200 g of boiled quinoa - black quinoa
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- salt li>
- Wash the sweet potatoes, dry them and cut them into very thin slices. We try to keep them as thick as possible.
- Coat the sweet potato slices in olive oil, salt and chili.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C top and bottom.
- Put the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake for about 15 minutes, making sure they do not overcook. In the middle of baking, we can turn them over. They should be dry and crispy. A moment of inattention and you can burn them, so it's worth being vigilant and it is important that they are of the same thickness.
- Blanch the green asparagus. Boil salted water in a pot, clean the asparagus and cut off the hard ends. We prepare a bowl with cold water and ice cubes. Put the asparagus on the boiling water and cook it for about 3 to 5 minutes (the time depends on the thickness of the vegetables), then take it out with a slotted spoon and put it into ice water. Then cut the asparagus into pieces.
- If you use frozen green peas, just put them on a strainer, pour warm tap water and leave in a strainer for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in a bowl and mix cooked quinoa, chopped shallots, drained peas, pieces of asparagus, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Put the feta pieces and sweet potato chips on top.