Delicious, healthy and quick to prepare salad. Amaranth, green peas, radish, avocado, and feta. great idea for breakfast to work
Amaranth is one of the oldest cultivated plants. Formerly, the Maya, Aztecs and Incas valued this pseudo-grain for its unique properties. They ate the leaves and shoots of amaranth raw and used the seeds to make groats and flour.
Tiny amaranth seeds are a rich source of protein, vitamin B6 and minerals: zinc, potassium and calcium.
Also, young burgundy amaranth leaves, although difficult to obtain, are not only a plate decoration, but also a source of valuable nutrients.
Ingredients for a 1L jar
- 4 - 5 tablespoons of cooked amaranth seeds
- 4 - 5 tablespoons of peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons linseed oil
- a handful of micro amaranth leaves
- Rinse the amaranth seeds with cold water in a very fine-mesh strainer.
- Boil water in a pot and pour the rinsed amaranth in a ratio of 2: 1. Boil the groats for 15-20 minutes, then cover and leave it aside for a while to absorb the remaining water.
- Peel the avocado. , cut into thin slices, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Dice the feta cheese.
- Green peas, if you use frozen ones, just put them on a strainer, pour warm tap water and leave in a strainer for about 10 minutes. li
- Put the cooled groats into the jar, add the peas, diced radish and chives. Sprinkle the whole with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season with pepper and mix gently. Put feta cheese cubes and avocado pieces on top, sprinkle with the remaining oil, do not mix. Finally, decorate generously with amaranth leaves.