Homemade preserves - yellow pickled cauliflower - tasty and healthy pickles
I haven't pickled cauliflower for a long time because I had doubts whether I would like it. However, since the first time I tried pickled cauliflower in beets in a certain breakfast bar in Krakow, I was lost. I pickle cauliflower very often now, it's delicious and crispy.
Last season I pickled cauliflower with beetroot. This time I propose a yellow version with the addition of curry, turmeric, hot pepper and ginger.
INGREDIENTSfor 2 jars with a capacity of 1 l
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 - 4 ginger slices
- 1/2 teaspoon Gochugaru for kimchi) or chili
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- brine - mix 1 liter of boiled water mixed with 1 tablespoon of non-iodized rock salt
- Peel and cut the garlic and ginger into thin slices.
- Divide the cauliflower into florets.
- Place the florets of cauliflower in jars, add garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, turmeric and curry in proportion.
- Pour the whole thing with brine, close the jars and leave for fermentation at room temperature for 4 - 5 days.
- For the first 2 - 3 days, we open the jars once a day to degas the silage.
- Cauliflower is ready after 4 - 5 days and you can move the silage to the fridge or a cold cellar. However, if you think that it is too weakly pickled, leave it at room temperature for longer.