Tomatoes, plums, onion, spices... homemade BBQ sauce, barbecue sauce, i.e. barbecue sauce
BBQ sauce, i.e. barbecue sauce, i.e. barbecue sauce. The sauce is used, among other things, to marinate meat on the grill, also as an addition after cooking. The most popular sauce dish is the ribs in BBQ sauce, which can be grilled and at home in the oven.
What is BBQ? See what this concept really means .
The homemade BBQ tomato and plum sauce is very easy to prepare. The amount of salt, pepper or other spices in the recipe is only inspiration, we season the sauce according to your taste preferences.
- 2 kg of tomatoes
- 500 g of plums
- 200 g of red onion
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 100 g brown sugar (dark muskovado)
- 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcester sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked dried paprika
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Cut the washed tomatoes crosswise, just to cut the skin.
- Boil water in a large pot, put the notched tomatoes in it, after about a minute, take it out with a slotted spoon and put it in a bowl with very cold water.
- Remove the skin and cut into pieces. By the way, cut off and get rid of the hard stalk.
- Wash the plums, dry them and stone them.
- Peel the onions, cut them into feathers, fry in oil.
- Add chopped tomatoes and plums and simmer to the desired consistency.
- At the end of cooking, add the remaining ingredients and season as desired.
- Mix everything, pour it into scalded jars, screw it on and pasteurize.