Old Polish Christmas gingerbread - a recipe for maturing dough
The beginning of November is the best time to prepare the dough for Old Polish maturing gingerbread. The recipe is quick and simple. The only problem may be finding a suitable place for ripening. The dough should ripen in a cool place, i.e. preferably in a refrigerator or in a cool cellar.
The recipe for the cake comes from the blog "Moje Wypieki" and has been tested by many, many people. If the recipe has so many favorable reviews, then there is no point in experimenting.
The condition for a successful gingerbread is a good spice, which is best prepared by yourself or find a ready-made one with a very good composition. I recommend the recipe for homemade gingerbread spice
- 500 g of honey
- 250 g of sugar
- 250g of butter
- 1 kg of flour, e.g. type 550
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of soda
- 30 - 40 g of gingerbread spice - preferably homemade
- Heat the honey, sugar and butter in a slow cooker.
- Stir all the time, and when the sugar is completely dissolved, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool down.
- Sift flour, soda and gingerbread spice into a bowl, add salt and mix.
- Whip the eggs with the cooled mass of honey, butter and sugar, we can do it in a makurze or in a food processor with a mixer tip. Remember, however, that this is a thick dough and the mixer may turn out to be too weak after adding flour.
- Slowly add the flour with soda and gingerbread spice, while beating, gradually pour in the milk.
- The finished dough is either left in the wastepaper, or put into a jar or a stoneware pot. Cover and leave in a cool place for 4 - 6 weeks.
- After this time, we can start baking STAROPOLSKI GINGERBREAD and Gingerbread.
- Gingerbread cookies are best baked 2 weeks before Christmas.