Wreath with poppy seeds in Pain D'epi baguette style. Bread to be torn off - yeast wreath for the Easter table
Pain d'epi is a French baguette shaped like an ear of wheat. This time, instead of baguettes, I formed two large baguettes and cut them with scissors just before baking. I put the cut corners once to the left, once to the right and baked. Here are two yeast wreaths perfect for the Easter table.
We can put a bowl with eggs, horseradish, beetroot or colorful Easter eggs into the baked wreaths. A yeast wreath on the Easter table is not only a decoration, it is also delicious bread to tear off, piece by piece...
- 150g of water
- 150 g of bread flour type 750
- 5 g fresh yeast
- 350 g of bread flour type 750
- 30 g of poppy seeds
- 170g of water
- 10 g of fresh yeast
- 8 - 10 g of salt
- The day before baking, mix the ingredients for the sourdough, cover and leave to ferment at room temperature for 18 - 24 hours.
- The next day, mix 350 g of flour and 170 g of water, cover and leave for 1 hour.
- After an hour, add the leaven, yeast dissolved in a tablespoon of water, poppy seeds, salt and knead the dough.
- The dough is best kneaded in a mixer with a hook.
- Knead for 5 - 10 minutes, until the dough becomes elastic and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover and leave to rise for 2 hours.
- During rising, fold the dough every 30 minutes.
- Folding - with a hand moistened with water, grab the dough from one side, stretch it slightly and put it inside the dough. Repeat the action 3 - 4 times on all sides.
- Cover and repeat every 30 minutes.
- After 2 hours, when the dough has risen, divide it in half.
- We form two balls and slightly flatten them.
- Use the dough to form two large bagels. Press your thumb in the center of each portion and gently stretch with your fingers to enlarge the opening.
- After forming the bagel, cover it with a cloth and let stand for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Just before baking, cut the obwarzanki using the same method as baguettes "kłos wheat " according to the formula.
- Cut in a circle with scissors at an angle of 45 degrees at a distance of 2 - 3 cm.
- Put the cut corners slightly to the side, alternately, once to the left, once to the right.
- Bake for the first 8 minutes with steam (with a bowl of hot water), the next 8 - 12 minutes without steam.
- We're cooling on the grate.
Your email address will not be published.