Red currants, cucumber and feta - delicious, refreshing summer salad
Fresh, crispy cucumbers, preferably ground ones, a piece of feta cheese, a few basil leaves, a dressing and a handful of red currants. A simple, summer, refreshing salad that goes well with grilled dishes. On hot days, it is also a perfect snack or dish on its own.
- 500 g cucumbers
- 2 handfuls of red currants
- basil leaves with 1-2 stems
- 200 g feta cheese < / ul>
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- teaspoon of honey
- Peel and crush garlic, chop or grate it.
- Mix the garlic and other ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Wash the cucumbers, peel them and cut them into not too thin slices, then put them in a bowl.
- Add basil leaves to the cucumbers, if they are large, cut them or tear them into smaller pieces.
- Pour most of the sauce over it and mix.
- Put diced feta cheese on top (maybe stir it gently).
- Pour over with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with red currants.
Inspiration - "Pumpkin, cucumber, squash and string" - Paweł Łukasik and Grzegorz Targosz