Colorful French tart with cauliflower, zucchini and carrots
Tart with vegetables on French pastry is an idea for a quick dinner or lunch. The most work, or rather fun, awaits us when cutting and rolling the carrot and zucchini strips. It is a good idea to hire a little helper for this.
Cauliflowers in different colors are being sold more and more often. They are difficult to resist, they tempt with their color and structure. Such colorful cauliflowers, in addition to vitamins and minerals, also contain dyes with health-promoting properties. I added purple cauliflower to this tart, but we can replace it with any other, even green romanesco.
- 1 zucchini - 200g
- 2 carrots - 200g
- 1/2 cauliflower - 300g
- 1 egg
- 100 g cream 30%
- 150 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 package of puff pastry - 275 g
- Wash the zucchini and carrots, and peel the carrots. Use a vegetable peeler to cut long, thin strips of vegetables. Divide the cauliflower into florets.
- In a bowl, mix the egg, cream, mascarpone cheese, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Beat the whole thing with a fork or a whisk, until the consistency is homogeneous, without lumps.
- Put the puff pastry in a tart mold with a diameter of about 28 cm. It is worth lining the mold with baking paper in advance. Combine the remaining scraps of dough, roll them out and cut them into small leaves for decoration.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C - 200 ° C. Pour the cream on the dough and start decorating the tart. We lay out the cauliflower florets and arrange rolled-up strips of carrots and zucchini between them. Decorate with puff pastry leaves, sprinkle the whole with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for about 35 minutes.
After making such a tart, there are often some vegetables left at the end. Carrot, zucchini or cauliflower florets are best packed in containers and stored in the refrigerator. On the second day, we can put them in a pot and cook a light vegetable soup, bake them sprinkled with olive oil in the oven or prepare another tart. In order to store food in the refrigerator twice as long, it is worth vacuum-packing. It is the best way to keep products fresh and significantly reduce household waste.
Vacuum packing is a safe alternative to traditional food storage methods that seal food together with air. I am currently using the FoodSaver system. FoodSaver Fresh containers are made of colorless BPA-free plastic. They are resistant to cracks, stains and odors. They can be used in a dishwasher and microwave oven. Each model of these containers is tailored and stackable, making it easy to store in the refrigerator.
Thanks to the FoodSaver system, fresh food is always at your fingertips. Just put your dish in a vacuum to enjoy it whenever you want.
The entry was made in cooperation.