Dutch Baby, a baked pancake, omelette for dessert or breakfast
A baked pancake is a fantastic breakfast or dessert at any time of the year. Dutch Baby can be served with seasonal fruit, jam, yoghurt, nuts, whatever we have and love. It is a very easy and quick dish to prepare. Just 5 minutes to combine the ingredients, 20 minutes of baking and we have a delicious and effective dish ready to eat.
For baking Dutch Baby it is best to use a cast iron pan with a diameter of 20 - 24 cm, then we will get one large pancake. We can also use a casserole dish or several smaller dishes for baking.
While the pancake is baking, we can make tea, coffee, place plates and cutlery on the table... but I love to watch the pancake baking during this time. Dutch Baby is amazing and fun, it grows so fast in the oven and takes different, fancy shapes every time.
- 3 eggs
- 20 g sugar
- 75 g flour (1/2 cup)
- 100 ml milk (1/2 cup )
- pinch of cinnamon and cardamom
- pinch of salt
- 1 - 2 tablespoons of clarified butter
- 1 - 2 handfuls of blackberries
- 1 tablespoon of blackberry sugar
- powdered sugar to sprinkle
- 250 g natural yogurt
- Mix eggs, milk, flour, sugar, spices and salt until the dough is smooth, without flour lumps.
- Put a cast iron pan or other heat-resistant dish in a cold oven.
- Turn on the oven and heat it to 200 ° C.
- When the oven is at the set temperature, heat up the pan or dish for another 10 minutes.
- After this time, put the butter on the pan and heat it for 1-2 minutes.
- Then, using protective gloves, carefully take the pan out of the oven and spread the butter evenly on the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour the prepared dough into a hot pan and put it back in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until the pancake is golden brown and "puffed" on the edge.
- While the pancake is baking, sprinkle the blackberries with sugar and knead with a fork. Add natural yoghurt and mix.
- Serve the finished pancake immediately with your favorite additions. My suggestion is natural yoghurt mixed with blackberries, blackberries and figs.
- Sprinkle everything with powdered sugar.