Pancakes with strawberries macerated in honey, with orange blossom water, with pepper and thyme
Pancakes, pancakes or, if you prefer, American pancakes, this time in a fashionable size... mini. A little patience with the pan and instead of traditional pancakes, we can prepare a miniature version of them. Mini pancakes with strawberries are a tasty dessert or a sweet breakfast. We can prepare the dough in advance, even the day before, and put it in the fridge overnight.
Strawberries macerated in honey and orange flower water will be a great addition to mini pancakes. Necessarily with coarsely ground pepper or ground in a mortar. It can be black pepper, colored or Szechuan. Sichuan pepper has a lemon aroma and a tingling effect on the tongue, so it will be a unique addition to strawberries.
- 200 ml of kefir
- 2 eggs
- 150 -180 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- fat for spreading pan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 500 g strawberries
- 30 g honey
- 10 ml orange blossom water (and / or 10 ml lime juice)
- 1 a teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- a pinch or two of colored pepper or Szechuan pepper
- Natural yoghurt or cream for serving
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough in a bowl and let it rest for half an hour. During this time, prepare the strawberries.
- Crush the pepper slightly in a mortar, and remove the foxes from the thyme sprigs. In a large bowl, mix honey with orange blossom water and / or lime juice. Cut the strawberries without stalks into pieces, add to the bowl with honey and orange flower water. Sprinkle the strawberries with pepper and thyme, gently mix everything until the fruit is covered with a honey mixture. Set aside to macerate.
- Heat the pan and coat it with a thin layer of oil. The oil in the pan is best spread with a kitchen paper towel that will absorb the excess fat. Put small portions of the dough on the heated frying pan with a spoon. Fry until golden brown. Then turn over and fry on the other side.
- We serve warm with a portion of yoghurt and macerated strawberries. Sprinkle it with the sauce from the macerated strawberries.
Orange flower water, Sichuan pepper can be bought in larger stores or online, e.g. at Cuisines of the world < / a>.