Homemade preserves - pickled fruit. Marinated cherries are a perfect addition to pates, roasted meats or sausages
The secret of tasty pickled cherries lies primarily in the brine. We prepare it by boiling water, wine and vinegar with spices.
The selection and amount of spices can be adjusted according to your own tastes and preferences. So let's try the brine before we pour it into the fruit. Thanks to this, we will prepare the pickle the way we like it. We have an impact on the final effect, and our cherries will be unique and one of a kind.
INGREDIENTS - for 4 x 500 ml jars
- 1 kg of cherries with stems
- 450 ml of water
- 200 ml of dry white wine
- 200 ml of white wine vinegar
- 20 ml of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 100 g of sugar
- 5 cloves
- 10 peppercorns
- 5 allspice grains
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt < /ul>
- Put the washed and dried fruit in sterilized jars. Earlier, we cut the tails with scissors to half or peel them off completely.
- PICKLE - Crush the cloves, allspice and peppercorns in a mortar and pestle. Boil water in a pot, add crushed spices and other ingredients. Heat it up, mix it.
- Pour the cherries with the hot liquid and close the jars.
- Pasteurize the jars for about 10 minutes, let them cool down and leave them in a cool place.