Pumpkin curry with shrimps - an aromatic and tasty dish perfect for an autumn lunch or dinner
Carry of pumpkin with shrimps - a sweet, spicy, aromatic dish - a perfect meal for autumn.
Pumpkin curry is a very versatile recipe. Curry can be prepared with the addition of shrimps, which perfectly match their taste and structure with pumpkin. If you don't like shrimp or are allergic to shellfish, you can replace them with chicken. For a vegetarian curry, use chickpeas or tofu and omit the fish sauce.
Pumpkin and prawn curry goes well with basmati or jasmine rice or Indian naan bread.
- 300 g of peeled and cleaned raw shrimps (without heads)
- 300 g of pumpkin - Hokkaido - weight without seeds
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp sugar
- a pinch of chilli flakes or powder
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 200 ml of water
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 spoonful of fish sauce
- 200 g of cherry tomatoes
- a bunch of spring onions
- fresh coriander
- cooked rice to serve