Pickled cherry tomatoes Homemade preserves, pickles
This year I decided to try pickling a few jars of cherry tomatoes. So far, I've made two versions to compare flavors. Both are very similar in composition, except that I added honey to one. As for me, pickled tomatoes without the addition of honey are much tastier, so I'm giving you this recipe.
How to use pickled tomatoes? In the summer, it is a great addition to gazpacho, salads, meat and vegetable stews. I mix the tomatoes with the pickle, add olive oil and spices and I have a delicious salad dressing. This is my first time and so far a few jars, so I'm in the process of experimenting. There are probably more ideas for using pickled tomatoes, please share yours.
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- fennel seeds 1 - 2 umbels
- horseradish root about 4 cm
- garlic 2 cloves
- Brine for 1 l of water 1 tablespoon of non-iodized rock salt
- Bride - add salt to hot water, mix and leave to cool.
- Peel horseradish and garlic.
- Wash the tomatoes and place them in a scalded jar alternately with the additions. We put it up to 2/3 of the height of the jar.
- Pour the tomatoes with the brine so that all the ingredients are covered with the brine.
- Cover the jar and leave it in a shaded place for about 4 - 5 days. Then we move the jar to the fridge or a cold cellar.
Ania 2021-04-29 14:45:47
Jak ulozyc pomidorki, zeby nie wyplywaly? Na razie widzi mi sie to jako cos nieosiagalnego... czym je blokowac? 🙂
TajemniceSmaku 2021-04-30 00:31:52
Bardzo pomocne są szklane dekielki z małych słoiczków "weck"
Your email address will not be published.