Homemade strawberry liqueur with the addition of lime - homemade preserves and liqueurs
Strawberry tincture always raised a lot of doubts in me. Somehow, strawberries did not really remind me of an alcoholic drink. A few years ago, the decision was made: make it yourself, try it and evaluate it!
Strawberries are beautiful, ripe, cleaned, stalked, all prepared according to the recipe. Two months have passed, I am decanting the tincture, the first tasting and.... disappointment. Taste? Strawberry compote with alcohol... It's hard, maybe it will still work out? The tincture ended up in the bottles and was forgotten.
After another three months, tasting and delight. How good it is! Tasty! Delicious!
Since then, the strawberry season has not only been jams, cocktails and strawberries in cream or yoghurt, it is mainly STRAWBERRY TINKEY!
- 1 kg of strawberries
- 200 - 250 g of sugar
- 700 ml of 70% alcohol tincture
- 1 lime - after 2 months li
- Rinse the strawberries, destalk them, put them in a jar or ridge, preferably with a large hole. Cover with sugar and set aside for about 2 hours to release the juice. Then add the alcohol, mix it slightly, close it tightly and let it stand for about 2 months.
- After 2 months, pour off the alcohol. Scrub the lime, remove the peel from the half of the fruit (without the white albedo), squeeze the juice out of the whole fruit and add it to the tincture.
- Let it stand for 2 weeks. After this time, decant and filter thoroughly.
- Let the tincture mature for at least 3 months in a cool and dark place.