Subcarpathian pickled mushrooms
A short visit to Podkarpacie, a walk in the forest and a basket full of mushrooms. Large specimens were dried, and the little ones ended up in the marinade. I bring various souvenirs from my travels, this time they are homemade preserves
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 4 level tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 -5 bay leaves
- 1 tsp allspice seeds
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 onion optional li>
- Put the cleaned mushrooms into slightly salted boiling water and cook the small mushrooms for about 5 minutes, the larger ones a few minutes longer.
- If we add onion, peel it, cut it into feathers and cook together with the mushrooms.
- In the second pot, boil the marinade with spices and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the cooked mushrooms (and optionally onions) and arrange them loosely into jars, up to 3/4 of the height. li>
- The mushrooms are still hot and poured with the boiling marinade.
- The jars are immediately turned upside down until they cool down.