Home-made sushi burrito, or sushirrito
What is "sushiritto"? It is a combination of sushi and burrito started by Peter Yen and Ty Mahler at the "Sushirrito" restaurant in San Francisco. The intention was to create sushi, but in the form of a hand-held dish, just like a burrito. Unlike the burrito, which is wrapped in tortilla, the sushiritto is wrapped in umami-rich nori.
Most of the ingredients (rice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, nori, wasabi, marinated ginger, teryaki sauce, mayonnaise, sriracha sauce...) for sushiritto you can buy in online stores, among others in Cuisines of the World .
- 4 glasses of sushi rice
- 4 glasses of water
- 125ml rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- nori - seaweed, dried in slices
- soy sauce
- pickled ginger
- bamboo mat < / li>
- sharp knife
The set of accessories depends on our creativity and preferences flavor. For this sushiritto this time I used:
- smoked tofu cheese
- rice oil
- teryaki sauce
- crab sticks
- cream cheese (Philadelphia) li>
- sriracha hot sauce
- fresh asparagus
- fresh carrot
- colorful lettuce
- RICE - Rinse the rice under running water, gently rubbing the grains with your fingers. Pour water over it and let it stand for about an hour. Then bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for about 10 minutes, making sure that all the water does not evaporate. Remove from the burner, cover and set aside for 20 minutes. If you have a rice cooker, cook the rice according to the instructions attached to the device.
- VINEGAR MORTAR - While cooking the rice, prepare the vinegar mixture by heating the ingredients in a saucepan until they dissolve. Put the cooked and still hot rice into a large bowl, sprinkle with vinegar and gently mix. When the rice is cool, we can start rolling.
- ADDITIVES - Cut the tofu into 1x1 cm thick strips, fry in a little oil until golden brown, at the end pour 1-2 tablespoons of teryaka. Fry and stir until the sauce is reduced. Put the ready tofu in teryaki on a plate. Peel the carrots and cut them into thin strips, the so-called julienne or use a special peeler. Do not peel the cucumber (but get rid of the seeds) and cut it into thin strips. Put the asparagus in boiling water, cook for 2 minutes and cool quickly. Prepare the tartare from the crab sticks, cut the sticks into very small cubes, season with soy sauce, sriracha sauce, and mayonnaise.
- SUSHIRITTO - Prepare a bowl of water with a little rice vinegar. Place a sheet of nori on a bamboo mat, with a hand moistened in water with vinegar, put the rice in portions, leaving a piece without rice at one end - 1.5 cm. The rice should be evenly distributed over the entire width of the nori. Lubricate a thin strip of wasabi with your finger along the spread rice. Put lettuce leaves and other ingredients on top of the wasabi, as you like. Roll up a large roll, wrap it in paper (e.g. baking paper) and cut it diagonally in half with a sharp knife.