A quick and delicious dessert - strawberries, mascarpone and ricotta
We can buy phyllo dough fresh or frozen. It is a very versatile cake that we use in both sweet and savory dishes. However, to be sure of success, we must take certain precautions.
If we bought a frozen cake, it is best to defrost it a few hours before its intended use in the refrigerator. Otherwise, the dough will be rubbery, and if we try to separate the still frozen patches, it may tear.
Cover the open and unfolded dough with foil for the time of work with a food-grade and damp cloth, as it dries quickly. After using each make sure that the remaining dough is covered again.
When we have a cake left, we can store it for the next time. If we bought fresh filo, we wrap it tightly in foil and either freeze it or store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you are using frozen filo, do not freeze it again.
Ingredients for 12 pieces
- 300 g of filo pastry (1 packet)
- 60 - 80 g of melted butter
- 20 g of powdered sugar
- ground cinnamon li
- strawberries or other fruit, as much as we like and fit in the baskets
- 300 g ricotta
- 300 g mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar + 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons of lime or lemon juice, or the Italian liqueur Limoncello
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients and beat until cream, then store in a covered bowl in the refrigerator.
- Take the dough out of the package and gently roll it out on the counter. Put one sheet, for example, on the pastry board and brush it with butter, sprinkle it with powdered sugar and cinnamon, and cover with a second sheet of dough. Do the same with the next sheets of dough, sticking with butter, 2 or 3 sheets at most.
- Cut the greased and glued sheets into 12 squares. The squares should be large enough to fit into the slots of the muffin mold and still stick out. Grease the slots of the muffin mold thinly with butter and line with phyllo dough squares to form baskets and brush the remaining butter on the top again. Bake in an oven preheated to 180C for about 15 minutes, until golden brown. Take the baked ones carefully out of the molds and cool them on a wire rack.
- Just before serving the dessert, fill the baskets with cream, cover with fruit and sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.