Instant oatmeal, banana and peanut cookies with express cherry jam
Banana oat cookies are a great idea for a healthy dessert, an afternoon snack or a quick breakfast. They are prepared literally in a few minutes plus a quarter of an hour in the oven.
The recipe for cookies comes from the book " Meal Prep. Cook once a week. "by Gina Homolka. Gina recommends these cookies warm, straight from the oven or reheated in a microwave oven. They taste good both hot and cold to me.
Cookies are just three ingredients: bananas, oatmeal and peanuts. The best time is when the bananas are really ripe. We can use regular or instant oat flakes. Instead of peanut butter, we can mix peanuts ourselves. If you want to prepare a gluten-free dessert, make sure that the cereals you bought are gluten-free.
Add your favorite cookie jam or preserve just before serving. For me, this time express cherry jam. *
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- jam or preserve from your favorite fruits (cherries, raspberries , strawberries, currants or other)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Crush the peeled bananas in a bowl.
- Add peanut butter and oatmeal and mix with a fork until all ingredients combine well.
- Using your finger or a wine cork, squeeze a hole in each cake.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
- We put the jam or jam into the wells just before serving, as much as we like.
* EXPRESS CHERRY JUICE
- 500 g of pitted cherries
- 200 - 250 g of gelling sugar 2: 1
The fruit is sprinkled with gelling sugar, mixed and brought to a boil, stirring all the time. Cook for 3 minutes, without stopping stirring, and cool down.
If we want to get thicker jam, first simmer the fruit for 10 - 15 minutes and let it cool down. Then proceed as above.