Pumpkin cheese paste - a delicious addition not only to sandwiches
Pumpkin seed oil is an excellent addition to salads, dressings, pasta, vegetables or just sandwich spreads. It is also a great complement to some desserts, thanks to its fruity and nutty flavor.
Pumpkin seed oil not only refines the taste of salads, dressings and spreads, it is also extremely healthy. Compared to other oils, pumpkin seed oil is distinguished by its dark green color and high content of omega 3 and omega 6 essential fatty acids. It is rich in vitamins A, E and D, B vitamins as well as selenium, potassium and zinc. The best pumpkin seed oil is cold pressed oil (unrefined), the highest quality and freshness.
Pumpkin seed oil will not only work in the kitchen, it can also be used as a cosmetic oil. It will strengthen your hair, moisturize the skin and even help fight acne. Pumpkin seed oil is a very versatile product that should not be missing in any household.
I suggest you prepare a quick bread paste, which in addition to being tasty, has an attractive green color. This color is achieved by adding pumpkin seed oil.
- 250 g of cottage cheese or sandwich cottage cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons crème fraîche or Greek yoghurt
- 2-3 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
- 100 g of pumpkin seeds
- 1 - 2 cloves of garlic
- a bunch of chives
- Roast pumpkin seeds for a few minutes in a dry frying pan, stirring from time to time. Cool the roasted grains.
- Mix the sandwich cheese, crème fraîche or Greek yoghurt with pumpkin seed oil. If we use cream cheese, it is enough to mix everything with a fork. If you use cottage cheese, if you want a creamy consistency, you can gently blend it all.
- Grate the peeled garlic, add to the cheese mass, season with salt and pepper, mix.
- Chopped seeds Add pumpkin and chives to the paste. We can also leave the seeds whole and, like I do, sprinkle the paste on top.
- Serve the green paste in a bowl with crackers or with baguette sandwiches, bread or ciabatta. We can also stuff the cream paste on dry puffs.
The recipe was prepared together with Allegro Health and Beauty