Homemade bread - a simple recipe for wheat and rye sourdough bread
I love the smell of freshly baked bread. The home smelling of bread brings back childhood memories. I always bend over hot loaves, absorb their smell, which brings relief and inner peace.
It's only now that I realized that I don't have a single recipe for sourdough bread on my blog. It's time to change it, after all, I started my adventure with sourdough bread with simple rye loaves baked in fruit cakes.
Ingredients for two cake moulds, approximately 25 x 10 cm in size, or a few smaller ones like mine.
- 50 g of active sourdough starter
- 160 g rye flour type 2000
- 140 ml of water
- all leaven
- 400 g rye flour type 720
- 400 g spelled bread flour or wheat bread type 750
- 16 g of salt
- 630 ml of water
- sunflower, linseed, nigella
KWAV - the day before baking, evening.
- In a large bowl, mix sourdough, water and rye flour type 2000.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and set aside for 8 - 12 hours at room temperature.
- Add water and salt to the sourdough in a bowl, mix.
- Then add the remaining flours, mix until combined.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and let it rest for about 8 hours at room temperature.
- Grease the molds with butter or line them with baking paper.
- Put the dough into the moulds, with a moistened hand, gently smooth the dough.
- Sprinkle the top with your favorite seeds.
- Cover the molds with a cloth and let them rise for about 3 - 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C, you can put a heat-resistant bowl with water on the bottom of the oven.
- We put the grate or tray on the lowest level in the oven.
- Put the bread in the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 240°.
- Then lower the temperature to 200°C and bake for 40 - 55 minutes*.
- Take the baked bread out of the oven and leave it in the molds for about 5 minutes.
- Next, take the bread out of the molds and let it cool on a grate.
* Baking time and temperature refer to baking bread in acid-resistant "Korzeniewscy" molds