Tincture of plums with stones. Homemade preserves - tincture - ałycza, mirabelle plum, cherry plum
Mirabelki is a simplified name for all plum fruits: ałycz, cherry plum and home mirabelle. These plums are yellow, pinkish or cherry in color. The taste is sweet - sour - tart. In our country, they often grow wild, they can also be found on the outskirts of orchards or large gardens.
The seeds are usually removed for mirabelle liqueur, but for me it tastes better with seeds. Remember, however, that fruit with stones should not be soaked in alcohol for more than 3-4 weeks.
- 1 kg mirabelle plums
- 150 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 800 ml 70% alcohol
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cardamom
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 clove
- Wash the mirabelles, drain them and throw them into a jar or gander.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pour alcohol over it.
- Set aside in a sunny place for 3-4 weeks.
- It is worth shaking the jar from time to time to dissolve the sugar and honey.
- After 3-4 weeks, pour the liquid from the fruit, filter it, pour it into the bottles and put it in a dark and cold place for a minimum 3 months.
Happy and cheers!