Tomato jam with garlic, ginger and chili. A great addition to cheese, crackers or cheese cookies.
You can also use large tomatoes to make tomato and chili jam. However, cherry tomato jam looks and tastes better for me.
Spicy tomato jam can be a great addition to cheese, crackers, cheese cookies or crisps. It goes well with breakfast toasts as well as an omelet with cheese and ham. A sandwich with cottage cheese and tomato jam may also surprise us with its taste.
- 1 kg of cherry tomatoes
- 50 g of shallots
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 200 - 250 g sugar - white or cane
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lime or lemon - juice and grated skin li>
- 1/2 teaspoon or more of finely chopped chili peppers
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Grate the peeled ginger and garlic on a fine-mesh grater, cut the shallots into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a wide saucepan and fry the shallots over medium heat until it becomes glassy.
- Add garlic, ginger, chili and salt, mix and fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, grated skin, lime juice and sugar, bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 1 - 1.5 hours, stirring regularly, making sure the jam is not he clung to the bottom of the pot.
- When the jam has reduced a bit, it will be thick and shiny, turn off the burner.
- Put it into a jar. We keep it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. We can pasteurize the jar (s).