Shortcrust spicy cheese biscuits - a perfect snack with wine or beer
Spicy shortbread cookies with tomato jam are the perfect snack for any occasion. They are sure to surprise with their taste, because they look like a sweet, shortbread cake with fruit jam.
This is a great side dish for wine or beer. Both jam and biscuits are easy and quick to prepare. I recommend the proven recipe for spicy tomato jam .
Biscuits can be prepared without tomato jam, and before baking, sprinkle them with your favorite spices: black seeds, cumin or rosemary. We can also use any other spicy chutney instead of cherry tomato jam, e.g. orange with chili
Any yellow cheese can be used for shortbread cookies. It can be, for example, Gouda cheese, universal in terms of taste, or other more expressive.
- 300 g of 500 g wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 135 g yellow cheese e.g. Gouda
- 150 g butter
- 1 egg
- teaspoon chopped rosemary needles
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) chili flakes
- Mix the cheese in a food processor, then add the chopped rosemary and chili, mix very briefly.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add pieces of butter, chop with a knife or mix in a food processor.
- Add egg, shredded yellow cheese and knead quickly by hand to a smooth dough.
- Wrap in foil and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the fridge and divide it into 30 portions (each about 20 g).
- Form a ball of each portion, slightly flatten it and use your finger to squeeze out a cavity, fill it with tomato jam.
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- Bake the cookies for about 25 - 30 minutes, until they are lightly browned, then cool them on a wire rack.