Delicious, quick and healthy pickled red cabbage, apple and onion salad. Homemade preserves - pickles.
Red cabbage is available for sale practically all year round. Thanks to this, we can pickle it in small amounts, when we feel like it. All you need is a big head of cabbage, apple, onion, spices, shred, mix and after two weeks you have over 2 kg of delicious and healthy pickled salad.
- 1 head of red cabbage (about 2 kg)
- 1 large wine apple
- 1 large red onion
- 1 teaspoon of cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 3 grains of allspice
- 2 - 3 bay leaves
- Clean the head of cabbage from the outer leaves, dirty and spoiled, cut it in half, cut out the core, peel the apples and cut out the seed nests.
- Slice the cabbage finely, grate the apples and cabbage core on a grater with large holes, cut the peeled onion into thin half-slices.
- Mix everything together thoroughly with salt, sugar, cumin, preferably in a large bowl.
- Add allspice, bay leaves and put the whole thing into a scalded jar or a stone pot.
- We beat it hard, e.g. with a pestle, cover it with a plate, weigh it down and keep it at room temperature.
- After 3 - 4 days of fermentation, pierce the cabbage in several places, preferably with a wooden stick or the other side of a wooden spoon, cover it again with a plate, weigh it down and take it to a cool place for 10 - 15 days.
- Put ready cabbage in jars and keep it in the fridge.
yolka 2020-04-19 14:55:17
kurcze ,ja to debil w takich sprawach,ale spróbuję, dzięki
TajemniceSmaku 2020-04-20 13:40:09
koniecznie 🙂 ...próbować do skutku 😉
AGNIESZKA 2020-04-27 11:12:21
Czy konieczny jest kminek?
TajemniceSmaku 2020-04-29 23:14:31
Można bez kminku 🙂
Your email address will not be published.