Currant - tincture based on freshly squeezed red currant juice
Redcurrant tincture smells beautiful, it is slightly sour and fresh in taste.
The red currant tincture in this version is prepared from the juice squeezed from the fruit in the squeezer. Therefore, I do not give the weight of the currants, but the amount of juice obtained from them. We can prepare the tincture from the whole fruit, then I suggest preparing about 1.5 - 2 kg of fruit per portion. Then proceed in the same way as with the freshly squeezed juice tincture.
- 1 l of freshly squeezed red currant juice
- 1.2 l of water
- 600 g of sugar
- 1.6 l of 70% alcohol
- 60 g raisins
- 3 cloves
- a handful of mint leaves
- Dissolve sugar in boiled hot water and cool it down.
- Squeeze the juice out of the stalked currants. I recommend a slow-speed juicer or juicer.
- In a gander, combine currant juice with water and sugar syrup, add alcohol, add raisins, cloves and mint.
- Close the ridge tile tightly and set aside for 6 months.
- After this time, strain the tincture and pour it into bottles.