Homemade chocolates - truffles with cranberries and chocolate - perfect for a gift
Chocolate truffles with cranberries, prepared by hand at home, are the perfect idea for a Christmas gift. Everyone who loves chocolate will appreciate the value and taste of these wonderful sweets.
To add a flavor contrast, I recommend coating the truffles in powdered freeze-dried cranberries. It is quite acidic and has a beautiful color.
If you don't have freeze-dried cranberries, you can decorate the truffles with cocoa powder, powdered sugar, coconut flakes, crushed nuts or chopped chocolate.
The addition of cranberry tincture to truffles categorizes this recipe as an adult dessert. We can replace the tincture with cranberry juice and then we will also make younger truffle gourmets happy.
The finished mass for truffles is quite hard, to form balls easily it is worth using a melon spoon. Use such a spoon to cut out the balls, then form the final shape with your hands.
- 20 g of dried cranberries
- 10 ml tinctures cranberry sauce
- 100 g dark chocolate 70%
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 80 ml 30% heavy cream
- 20 g butter
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried cranberry powder
- Chop the cranberries finely, pour over the tincture and leave for about half an hour.
- Chop both chocolates finely.
- Pour the cream into a pot and heat it until it boils. then add the chopped chocolate and take the pot off the heat.
- Stir vigorously until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add butter and mix again until smooth.
- Finally, add the cranberry and the tincture, mix it thoroughly.
- Pour the mass into a bowl, when it cools down, cover it tightly with foil and leave it in the fridge overnight or until the mass solidifies. < / li>
- Form balls from the solidified mass, put them back, preferably on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Roll the finished balls in freeze-dried cranberry powder.