Easter bunnies, happy yeast pastries. Spelled, sweet and soft buns with maple syrup - Easter bunnies
Yeast bunnies will be a charming decoration of the Easter table and basket. Children will have the greatest fun when we let them roll and count the balls, and then make bunnies out of them.
Easter bunnies can be prepared using any of your favorite yeast challah recipes. All you have to do is weigh the finished dough and divide it to get 16 equal smaller portions for the head and ears, 8 larger portions for the tummy and leave a little bit of dough for the tails. If you don't feel like counting, use this recipe.
I prepared these bunnies based on the recipe on golden challah on oil and water. I only replaced wheat flour type 500 with light spelled flour type 650 That's it!. Before baking, I smeared the bunnies with maple syrup instead of eggs. This is a very delicious variety, I recommend it!
This recipe will make 8 bunny buns.
- 400 g of light spelled flour type 650
- 30 g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 40 ml of vegetable oil
- 150 ml of water
- 8g of salt
- 12 g fresh yeast
- maple syrup for spreading
- raisins for the bunny's eyes
- Dissolve the yeast in a bowl in the water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except maple syrup and raisins.
- Mix everything and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- The well-kneaded dough is covered with a damp cloth or cling film.
- Let it rest in a warm place for about 1.5 hours so that the dough doubles in volume.
- The risen dough is divided into portions:
8 pieces of 40 g per tummy
8 pieces of 25 g per head
8 pieces of 25 g per ear
- Make 8 balls for the tails from the remaining dough.
- We roll balls from the pieces for the tummy and head, and form 8 rolls from the dough for the ears.
- We put the bunnies on two baking sheets lined with baking paper.
- We start with the belly, then the head, ear and finally the tail.
- Cut the bunny's ear in half (not all the way) with scissors to get a pair of ears.
- Use the tip of the scissors to make cuts for the eyes and stick the half-cut raisins into the holes.
- We cover the bunnies with a cloth and let them rest for about 45 minutes.
- Smear the overgrown bunnies with maple syrup.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes at 190 °C until golden.
- Cool the baked buns on a grate.
An idea for bunnies taken from Besonndersgut
Bernadeta 2021-03-19 21:30:24
Te zajączki są świetne, idealne do wielkanocnego koszyczka .
TajemniceSmaku 2021-03-21 17:35:12
Tak, to bardzo dobry pomysł 🙂
Your email address will not be published.