Apple wheat and spelled sourdough bread. Bread with apple juice and apple. Homemade sourdough bread baked in a cast iron pot
Baking bread at the weekend is a tradition in my house. Then the house smells like freshly baked bread, the aroma of which magically calms everyone down. This time the aroma of the baked bread was a little different, slightly fruity, because the bread contained apple juice and grated apple.
Apple bread is slightly sweet, has a delicate aroma of apples, which does not dominate, thanks to which the bread can be eaten with various toppings. The loaf is springy, moist, with a good even texture. It tastes great with pâté and caramelized onion.
- 20 g of active sourdough starter
- 40 g wheat flour type 750
- 40g water
- 100 g leaven
- 350 g wheat flour type 750
- 150 g wholegrain spelled flour type 2000
- 300 g of apple juice, naturally cloudy
- 1 apple, about 80 - 100 g
- 10 g of honey
- 10g salt
- Mix the ingredients for the leaven, cover and leave for 8 - 10 hours. For me it is usually between 6.00 - 8.00 in the morning.
- Before kneading the bread dough, cut the washed apple into quarters and remove the nests. seed. Rub together with the peel on a fine-mesh grater.
- When the sourdough is ready, mix it in a bowl with the juice, honey, grated apple and flour, just until the ingredients are combined.
- Cover the bowl and leave it at room temperature for 1 hour.
- After an hour, add salt and knead/mix the dough thoroughly.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes, then start assembling.
- During fermentation, fold the dough 3 - 4 times, 30 minutes apart, until it visibly increases in volume and a strong gluten mesh is formed.
- Assembling the dough - with a hand moistened with water, we grab the dough on one side, stretch it slightly and fold it inwards. We turn the bowl with the dough and repeat 3 - 4 times on all sides.
- Put the dough on a surface sprinkled with flour, form an oblong or round loaf and put it in the proofing basket.
- We can decorate the bottom of the basket with a few apple slices smeared with lemon juice before putting the dough in.
- Cover the basket and place it in the fridge for proofing for about 10 - 18 hours.
- Before baking, heat the cast iron pot in the oven for about 30 minutes at 250°C.
- Gently put the loaf on the baking paper, cut it, e.g. with a razor blade.
- Put the cut bread together with the paper into the preheated pot and bake the first 20 minutes at 250°C with the lid on.
- Then remove the lid, reduce the temperature to 210/230°C (the temperature depends on the oven) and bake for another 20 minutes.
- The baked bread is cooled on the grate.
Inspiration - a recipe for spelled bread with apple from the book Just bread. Homemade sourdough bread - step by step - Siegfried Brenneis
Paula 2023-05-16 11:33:20
Pięknie wygląda. Musi być smaczny!
TajemniceSmaku 2023-05-16 15:27:53
Dziękuję 🙂 Chleb jest bardzo smaczny!
Pola 2023-05-22 09:53:50
Nie robiłam nigdy takiego chleba. W sumie nie piekłam żadnego pieczywa. Z chęcią bym spróbowała
TajemniceSmaku 2023-05-23 11:27:00
Polecam, domowe pieczywo najlepsze!
Your email address will not be published.