Pumpkin pie with plum jam, prunes, oatmeal and walnuts
The best addition to this cake is homemade plum jam , thick, fried with the traditional method. If you decide to use jam from the store, check their composition, as it may turn out that the cake will be too sweet.
Under the white chocolate glaze there are plums soaked in plum brandy, which contains a little alcohol. If we want to serve the children with cake, we can omit the alcohol and soak the plums with water or e.g. lemon juice.
- 200 g plum jam
- 300 g pumpkin puree
- 5 eggs
- 150 ml oil
- 100 g prunes, chopped
- 150 g oatmeal
- 20 g coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger in powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 150 g sugar
- 200 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 90 ml of 30% cream
- 100 g of white chocolate
- 10 ml of lemon juice
- 30 g of dried chopped plums
- 20 ml of plum brandy or other alcohol
- Jam, pumpkin puree, eggs and oil are thoroughly mixed together.
- Add oatmeal, chopped nuts and plums to the mixture.
- In a second bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, sugar, spices, baking soda and baking powder.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Grease the 26 cm cake tin with butter and sprinkle it with a little flour.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the dough into a mold and put it in a preheated oven.
- Bake about 50 - 60 minutes, to a dry stick - baking time depends on the oven.
- After baking, remove the dough from the oven, let it rest for 15 minutes, then remove it from the mold and let it cool down completely.
- Pour plums with plum brandy or other alcohol and set aside for about an hour.
- Chop the white chocolate very finely, put it into a bowl and pour over the lemon juice.
- Boil the cream and pour hot chocolate over the chocolate.
- After a few minutes, stir and set aside for 15 minutes for the glaze to slightly harden. From time to time it is worth stirring the glaze.
- Spread the plums soaked in alcohol on the cooled cake.
- Finally, pour the white chocolate glaze.