The most famous sandwich from Campania, that is Panuozzo . Pizza dough bread, long, flat and deliciously stuffed
Last summer meeting at the Amber Bakery. For the August challenge in the series of bakery journeys, Ania chased Naples this time. We will bake Panuozzo which is the most famous sandwich from Campania.
Panuozzo is a pizza dough sandwich, which, after baking, is cut in half and stuffed with spicy toppings. In Naples, the obligatory filling is fried sausage (salsiccia - Italian raw sausage), smoked scamorza and friarielli cheese, i.e. young broccoli leaves fried with garlic and chili. These additions are difficult to find here, so we can stuff panuozzo with whatever we like.
Panouozzo is usually served hot, straight from the oven. I baked my bread in the morning and served it for lunch, cold. I stuffed them with sandwich cheese, lettuce, basil, onion, avocado, sausage, tomatoes, seasoned with salt and pepper and sprinkled with olive oil.
- 200 g Manitoba flour (or pizza flour)
- 100 g flour type 00 (pizza flour)
- 3 g dry yeast
- 180 g water at room temperature
- 10 g salt
- semolina or other flour to sprinkle
- Pour the flour, yeast and sugar into a bowl and mix.
- Add half of the water and knead, then add salt and the rest of the water.
- Knead dough and leave for about 10 minutes.
- Then put it in an oiled bowl, cover and leave to rise at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Put in the fridge overnight.
- On the second day, take the dough out of the fridge and place it on the floured worktop, cover it and leave it for about 30 minutes until it reaches room temperature.
- Divide the dough into 2 or 3 parts, then fold each one Hi. To do this, flatten the dough and fold it on all sides from the edge to the center.
- Form oblong loaves and squeeze with your fingers to stick the dough together.
- Cover and leave for 2 hours, joining downwards.
- Sprinkle the pieces of dough with semolina, then gently flatten and press with your hands to form oblong flat cakes.
- Preheat the oven to 250 ° C and bake for about 12 minutes on a preheated on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Cool it on a wire rack, cut it in half and put what we like and like inside.
Panuozzo on blogs:
My little charm
Sliced and seasoned
< a href = "https://rodzinnieroslinnie.blogspot.com/2022/08/panuozzo-pieczywo-z-ciasta-drozdzowego.html"> Family-based
Secrets of taste